Monday, 14 October 2013

Stripped and Saved from the Skip

Once the blue and yellow Swedish giant of the furniture world touches down in Devon in 2015 I expect I will partake in a storage solution or two.  Like the one that is just in shot on the right of the picture.   But my seven year old chipboard veneered desk, was looking a little clapped out and I didn't fancy a journey  wedged up against the boxes of its flatpack replacement on the hundred mile drive back from Bristol where the nearest IKEA store is located .  So when this little dovetail jointed Ercol-lesque beauty was no longer wanted at work I jumped at the chance of acquiring a freebie.  Just a going over with the sander and a rub of wax has transformed something that was destined for the skip into a piece of furniture to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment