Friday, 29 July 2016

Tune For Tough TImes




The recent kindness shown by others has touched me greatly.  Friends, family, colleagues and hospice staff especially deserve  a mention as do those who've left kind words after my two most recent blog posts.   In a troubled world it is a beautiful thing indeed when humanity shines through.

Of course, music has been a comfort too and has also given expression to feelings which have been hard to articulate.  It's such a pivotal part of my life.   Perhaps it was inevitable that angry thoughts around God allowing suffering would surface.   In the throes of watching someone in mental agony in the middle of a long night there seemed no adequate response that would counter that one.  Even so, there's this song, that  often gets played on a loop on those long West East car journeys  that are an inevitable part of life at the moment.   It's the one that has been bringing  me the most solace.

6 comments:

  1. I can only share my hopes that you are able to find peace. Losing my sister abruptly was a darkness I wouldn't want anyone to experience, but helped me love those around me more readily. In that,the burden was lightened. Let others support you now. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss, heartening to hear you have such support surrounding you at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all have a wonderful day together as a family after the tragic loss you have all borne this week.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh LG. BLOODY LIFE IS SO RELENTLES. Still wishing you love etc xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all kind words. So appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete