Thursday, 20 April 2017

What's Going On?

Here's one of the boy that I took last week on that cable car across the Thames at Greenwich.  We had a lovely day out in the Big Smoke which also involved sushi in the O2 and  a visit to the Crystal, an exhibition about the future of cities in one of the most sustainable buildings in the world.  In one of the simulations we managed to bankrupt a city three times in the space of seconds by not getting the balance right between resourcing and raising revenue. It almost made me feel sorry for politicians.

That's an aside.  What I really wanted to share today is something that seems to happen quite often around here with a teenager in tow.  I wonder if it's an scene that others will be familiar with.   Picture this.  I'm relaxing peacefully with a big cup of tea somewhere in the house, normally my bedroom as it's my favourite spot. All is well. Suddenly  there'll be lots of crashing from elsewhere,  that may or may not involve the sound of breaking glass or china.  I might catch an expletive or two being uttered.  Peace thoroughly shattered  I cry out.   'What the hell is happening?'  The reply I get back is always the same.

'Nothing!!'

15 comments:

  1. Oh yes! And you may also notice it's the same response when you ask them what they did at school all day. X 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been? Nowhere.......What did he/she say,nothing........who did this, no one...... my grown up kids used to say these things and now their growing kids say the same. It used to drive me nuts, but karma is redressing the balance.
    Gosh, Louis is your double.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too thought how like you Louis is in this photo. I too remember the "nothing" and "no one" answers. I especially always got the "nothing" for what went on all school. Now my first grandchild is due any day but this took me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't like being told he looks like me but he does more so as he grows up. xx

      Delete
  4. Yup, same here. Sometimes the culprit doesn't answer but will appear from the vicinity of the noise with tail up and a cheeky look on her furry face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get a very exaggerated Noth Thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mine says it in a way where you really might believe that nothing had happened. Except for all the crashing. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my,you have a beautiful son! Laughed like a drain when I read this-my daughter used to be anle to say that word in 20 different ways! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - he is a bit boy band-ish isn't he? It's not just the bias of being a mum. Luckily he's lovely inside as well. xx

      Delete
  7. My word, what gorgeous eyelashes he has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he may look like me but I don't have those. They came from his father. xx

      Delete